All First door types – entrance doors, bi-folding, sliders, hinged and French – meet the highest expectation in looks and function. Careful attention to performance and aesthetics has resulted in innovations, good looks and user-friendly features.
First sliding doors come in a wide range of configurations, size and performance options through our various ranges. First Residential and the APL Architectural Series and ThermalHeart options feature the flushline sill for sleek good looks. This comes bundled with easy-glide sliding door panels, making it effortless to open and close the otherwise heavy double-glazed doors. Corner sliders are available without corner posts.
Sliding doors are excellent for indoor/outdoor flow leading on to decks or patios, and are also great space savers as all door movement is fitted inside the frame. They have the advantage of offering partial opening for ventilation without the danger of slamming.
- Option of a double slider which has two sliding panels within a frame giving a choice of which to open.
- Multi Slider Doors – open to two-thirds of their width so are ideal for a wide opening to the outside. Are available in two formats – a 3 panel unit with two stacking panels or an ultra-wide 6 panel unit with 2 panels stacking towards one jamb and two towards the other.
First bi-folds complement the design of First hinged and French doors to ensure a seamless look across your home. Our bi-folds can include a free-swinging hinged door for easy access without opening all panels. The superb lay-back option for clear decks or patios allows fully open panels (in 2-panel, 2+1 and 2+2 formats) to fold back against walls for easy uncluttered living.
By using Bi-Folding doors you can make the most of dramatic views and welcome breezes or enhance your indoor/outdoor flow. Bi-fold doors open up the full potential of your outside living by stacking out of the way to one or both sides.
- Feature a bottom roller which carries the door weight at the sill of the frame, this avoids extra lintel loading and results in smoothly operating doors.
- Can include a free-swinging hinged door for easy access without opening up the bi-folds.
- A hold back device can be attached to free swinging doors to conveniently fix back to the next bi-fold panel.
- Follow the design of the hinged and French doors to ensure a coordinated look.
Solid square edge profiles and wide top and bottom rails are key features of First hinged doors. Rails can be further widened for a more traditional deep-rail look. Square cut rails and hidden compression blocks at the corners provide strength and stability. Multi-point locking at the sill, head and handle height of the door is available with Miro, Urbo and Icon lever locks.
Hinged doors are often the most frequently used doors in your home and provide a less formal entranceway to your house. Usually used as back doors or utility doors.
- Clean cut, square-edged stiles and wide top and bottom rails which can be further widened if required.
- Square cut rails and hidden compression blocks at the corners provide strength and stability.
- Sidelights, overlights and adjacent windows can be included.
- Either open in or open out doors are available
- Mid-rails or glazing bars available
- Full height safety glass doors can also be supplied.
First French doors are part of the complementary set including our hinged, bifold and sliding options. The simple, modern looks of the square edge stiles is enhanced by the clean overlap where the doors meet. French doors or lay-back bi-folds are ideal where wide access to decks or gardens is needed.
French doors are classically elegant and ideal for outdoor living areas and add a stylish touch to your home. They are ideal where wide access to decks or other outdoor living areas is required.
- The simple, modern look of the square-edged stiles is further enhanced by the clean overlap where the doors meet.
- Can include sidelights, overlights and adjacent windows
- The bottom rail can be doubled in depth for the true French door look.
- Mirror the good looks of the hinged door and bi-fold door
- Can be supplied with curved tops if desired.